[SystemSafety] Making Standards available .....

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 23:09:50 CEST 2016

Daniel,

> I was searching for the outline/contents of a standard to include in a
> document for reference. I came across the "Estonian Centre for
> Standardisation" https://www.evs.ee They sell the Estonian 'version' of

Good find.

> Perhaps someone has a better understanding of the legitimacy of what is on
> offer considering the significant price difference.

Members of ISO can adopt ISO Standards as National standards and charge
whatever they like for the National version.

Adopting a document as a National standard involves all sorts of
paperwork and voting (voting at least in the few countries I know about
and I don't know anything about Estonian standards).

So there are costs involved and I would guess somebody in Estonia
Standards has spotted that income can be made by targeting the few
documents for which there is demand.

The ISO C and C++ Standards have not been adopted as Estonian National
standards. Perhaps because INCITS (the IT bit of ANSI) is already
offering low cost versions.