[SystemSafety] New IEC draft guide

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Fri Dec 23 19:38:00 CET 2016

Concerning draft Guide 120:

On 2016-12-23 19:22 , Derek M Jones wrote:
> Why should BSI know anything about this document?

Because it is a draft IEC Guide, produced I assume under the auspices of the IEC Advisory Committee
on Information Security and Data Privacy. However, curiously, it doesn't appear under the
Guides/Projects tab on ACSEC's page
http://www.iec.ch/dyn/www/f?p=103:74:12869497581130::::FSP_ORG_ID,FSP_LANG_ID:11906,25

IEC Guides are standards for standards.

> It's a guide, so there is no voting and until it is published
> will not appear in the BSI catalog.

Apples and Oranges. No standards document ever appears until it is published. Draft documents are
not yet published (that is the meaning of the word "draft"). They are circulated amongst
participating countries (in the case of Guides, I understand all members of IEC) for comment. That's
what is happening with this one.

It needs work. I suggest people get involved. If y'all call up the BSI enough times, I bet they'll
get a copy out for comments.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon