[SystemSafety] a public beta phase ???

Philip Koopman pk1g at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 18 04:56:53 CEST 2016

On 7/18/2016 12:38 AM, Peter Bernard Ladkin wrote:
> If I can step back from an unspecified level of automation and just
> talk about a reliable automatic speed limiter, I would imagine a few
> of us could see how to approach that.
> And once we've done the speed limiter, we could try doing other
> specific functions, one by one.

Or you could just buy a Ford S-MAX with an automatic speed limiter built
in.  I found this on a 30 second web search in response to PBL's
comment.  I have no idea about the safety argument for this feature.

The point is more that all sorts of things are being automated or
semi-automated in cars.  The world is changing.  This change will happen
with us or without us.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2015/03/23/all-new-ford-s-max-first-to-offer-intelligent-speed-limiter-amid.html

--
Phil Koopman -- koopman at cmu.edu -- www.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman