[SystemSafety] COTS display certification

Pekka Pihlajasaari pekka at data.co.za
Wed Jul 27 08:30:51 CEST 2016

Peter

The technology developed by Deuta verifies the output from the control computer for spatially static elements. It is sophisticated enough to be able to provide an alarm indication on the target display.

>From a reading of their marketing material it appears to do this by comparing the expected display output against the raw variable received from a sensor independently of the controller. It specifically does not appear to solve Haim's problem of verifying geometric proximity of information within a spatially defined display, nor does it verify what is shown on the actual display.

This is impressive technology to be able to non-intrusively instrument a pixel-based rendition of a sensor value, but it does not substitute the operator burden to verify the display is actually working.

Regards
Pekka Pihlajasaari
--
pekka at data.co.za	Data Abstraction (Pty) Ltd	+27 11 484 9664