[SystemSafety] The Intertwining of Safety and Security

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Fri Nov 11 09:01:12 CET 2016

Last Monday, I pointed out by means of a somewhat theoretical example that IACS safety and
cybersecurity are intertwined. Also, that some people in industry (and in standardisation) think you
can keep them separate.

I was looking to construct a concrete but hypothetical example that fit the precepts of IEC 61508,
which governs the derivation and implementation of safety requirements in IACS. I think I have found
one. I invite readers to see if they agree.

https://abnormaldistribution.org/index.php/2016/11/11/iacs-safety-and-security-intertwined-a-realistic-example/

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon