[SystemSafety] Blocked

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Sat Nov 26 19:57:49 CET 2016

Sometime between late morning Thursday and midday Friday, Apple domains me.com and icloud.com as
well as mac.com started blocking the UniBI-TechFak SMTP server. So people with such email addresses
don't get any SystemSafety mails any more. I have a query out about what to do, but I suspect the
answer is we just have to live with it. It's hard for me to believe that someone in the Uni has an
open-for-forwarding mail server, but maybe they do.

Welcome, everybody, to the brave new world of fragmented communications. Such phenomena may well
drive people even more to commmunicate inside the walled gardens of Facebook and co. Indeed, were I
not to be living in Preceptor Pangloss's best of all possible worlds in Westphalia (see the fifth
word in the book), I could imagine unscrupulous walled-gardeners "encouraging" such phenomena
technically.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon