[SystemSafety] Historical Questions

SPRIGGS, John J John.SPRIGGS at nats.co.uk
Thu Mar 16 09:35:25 CET 2017

The earliest reference I can find to “risk assessment” in UK legislation is the Aviation Security Act 1982<http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1982/36/contents?text=%22risk%20assessment%22#match-1>.  For more-traditional safety it is COSHH in 1988, as noted below.

Of course there may be an earlier “assessment of risk” I have missed.

EUR-LEX has a proposal document from 1976 that has “reliability and risk assessment” as a topic for research in a nuclear power context.

John