[SystemSafety] Save on the window cleaning

Matthew Squair mattsquair at gmail.com
Sat May 20 08:02:51 CEST 2017

Well...

The overlaying data on the scene is interesting and may have unintended consequences. I recall a trial (simulator I believe) of the use of HUD displays in a civil airliner a couple of years ago and one of the interesting findings was that runway intrusions were picked up later by the pilots in the HUD equipped aircraft when compared to a non HUD equipped aircraft. It was hypothesized that this was due to the cognitive workload and channeling involved in reading the data presented 'en scene'. Law of unintended consequences hard at work.

And that banana view of the runway?

Matthew Squair

MIEAust, CPEng
Mob: +61 488770655