[SystemSafety] McCabe¹s cyclomatic complexity and accounting fraud

Michael J. Pont M.Pont at SafeTTy.net
Fri Apr 20 11:42:15 CEST 2018

Steve wrote:

“At least the Avionics and Medical software people have a clue of what
making better software is about. That can be used as a model, for when the
others realize how much they can be liable for if their software fails. Baby
steps, yes, but steps nonetheless.”

I currently spend most of my working life advising on / working on software
in the automotive and industrial-control sectors.

In my view, many people in these sectors already understand the importance
of software in modern products.

The key related standards (ISO 26262 and IEC 61508) may not be perfect, but
I believe that they are making a significant contribution to system safety.

If you are not familiar with these standards, it may be worth taking a look?

All the best,

Michael.

Michael J. Pont, PhD

SafeTTy Systems Ltd