[SystemSafety] Looking for information about safety-critical software faults in road vehicles

Michael J. Pont M.Pont at SafeTTy.net
Thu Aug 23 07:35:15 CEST 2018

This case was highlighted on another list and may be of interest:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/riskfactor/computing/software/court-allows-lawsuit-to-proceed-against-fiat-chrysler-over-software-flaw

Michael J. Pont
SafeTTy Systems Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: systemsafety [mailto:systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de] On Behalf Of Martyn Thomas
Sent: 11 August 2018 10:11
To: systemsafety at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject: [SystemSafety] Looking for information about safety-critical software faults in road vehicles

Other than the "uncommanded acceleration" reports and the remote control of vehicles by researchers, can anyone give me details of safety-critical software faults discovered in road vehicle software?

I well understand that manufacturers may have corrected such faults (or
not) without a recall or publicity and that details may be very sensitive. I will give strong assurances of confidentiality - I'm just trying to understand the scale of known issues.

Martyn