[SystemSafety] What Tesla says about its autopilot

Andy Ashworth andy at the-ashworths.org
Tue Dec 4 13:49:43 CET 2018

    	Hardware by itself will not assure safety (crash protection and restraint, yes, but functional safety no). Equally, software in isolation is no guarantee of safety.
We need to recognize that a vehicle is a complex system and ensure that we are adopting appropriate system-safety engineering techniques to identify and mitigate the system risk. Software development processes and physical hardware are elements of the overall system mitigation... by themselves they are nothing more than throw-away lines in marketing documents.
Cheers
Andy Ashworth

    	Get Outlook for iOS