[SystemSafety] What Tesla says about its autopilot

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Dec 4 14:05:27 CET 2018

On 2018-12-04 13:49 , Andy Ashworth wrote:
> Hardware by itself will not assure safety (crash protection and restraint, yes, but functional
> safety no). Equally, software in isolation is no guarantee of safety.
I would have said (in response to David) that most people think of "hardware" as the kit that does
the job (whatever job that may be) and if it is digital-electronic then software is part of it. It
is only people like us who distinguish.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon