[SystemSafety] Safety Culture redux

paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk paul_e.bennett at topmail.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 18:06:32 CET 2018

On 21/02/2018 at 5:00 PM, "Chris Hills" <safetyyork at phaedsys.com> wrote:

>I have started a small shift in culture which I hope will gather
>speed.
>
>Stop referring to bugs in software as "bugs" but call them
>"errors".   This
>simple change shifts the whole tone of things
>
>All software has bugs  ->  all software has errors
>
>That is a bug-> that is an error
>
>I have a couple of bugs to sort -> I have a couple of errors to
>sort.

I tend to think that even 'error' might not be the best word.

  Perhaps  - Defects
                   Issues
                   Flaws

However, I agree that 'Bugs' is not appropriate. I mean to say, what has a
grey and white cartoon rabbit got to do with software? ;>

Regards

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer
Lunar Mission One Ambassador
Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET.....
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy.............
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1392-426688