[SystemSafety] Safety Culture redux

Eric Burger Eric.Burger at georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 21 22:29:44 CET 2018

What I like about errors and dislike about bugs is if we go back to the origin of the term ‘bug,’ it was an inadvertent happenstance beyond the control of the computer builder. I.e., literally a bug that flew into the tubes. What we today call ‘bugs’ are not the universe sending a six-legged, winged creature into our creation (i.e., a random, unavoidable event), but a mistake or error that possibly could have been avoided.