[SystemSafety] A Fire Code for Software?

David Ward david.ward at horiba-mira.com
Thu Mar 8 14:01:10 CET 2018

The statement on Type Approval is not quote correct - for braking and steering the so-called "Complex electronics annex" requires evidence of the software development process and the "safety concept" as well as witnessed fault injection tests.  It's nothing like a full-on ISO 26262 requirement but the ISO 26262 activities would produce the evidence needed.

The people who set the TA regulations are also considering how to deal with software updates, particularly where there are frequent changes (e.g. "over the air" updates).

David Ward