[SystemSafety] Don't Get Me Started - This Is Not A Drill - Hawaii Missle Launch Redux...

Chuck_Petras at selinc.com Chuck_Petras at selinc.com
Wed Mar 14 17:42:11 CET 2018

In this article Mr Platt shows the re-designed menu, Figure 1, now used to
send out emergency notifications in Hawaii.

I especially enjoyed this paragraph.

"The application UI shown in Figure 1 would constitute gross negligence.
If one of my students submitted a project like this, I?d flunk his sorry
ass so fast he?d change his major to Sanskrit. To anyone who wants to see
how easily these kinds of mistakes can escalate, I recommend 'Fail Safe,'
by Eugene Burdick and Harvey Wheeler (McGraw-Hill, 1962), with its
shattering final chapter entitled 'The Sacrifice of Abraham.'"

Don't Get Me Started - This Is Not A Drill
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__msdn.microsoft.com_magazine_mt845656&d=DwIFAw&c=zVFQZQ67ypsA9mYKSCqWmQHiVkCCaN-Gb60_N6TVnLk&r=zCwDz0h_ezUCVpbXoLT-zh0iTVdbymfdnT16kGAgelNE5W_nOFK-pESbjJCRy2gv&m=_ZrfcI37sNrkMHEhFg4cOR8mQLXYw4IQ8EAIHMAX6GA&s=uqIKjRsJJx2dOSmR_-jzLMDOqTYSdqi8NZthLfvy74s&e=

Chuck Petras, PE**
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc
Pullman, WA  99163  USA
http://www.selinc.com

SEL Synchrophasors - A New View of the Power System <
http://synchrophasor.selinc.com>

Making Electric Power Safer, More Reliable, and More Economical (R)

** Registered in Oregon.