[SystemSafety] Autonomously Driven Car Kills Pedestrian

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Mar 20 12:15:35 CET 2018

On 2018-03-20 12:00 , Andrew Banks wrote:
> From first reports, seems more of a case of "pedestrian walks out in front of car, and gets run over"
>
> The autonomous aspect appears not relevant?

I predict that that is almost always going to be the story. There are banks of on-board video and an
army of lawyers making that case, and a couple of eye witnesses who may agree, or may say something
different. Eye witness accounts are well known to be relatively unreliable, in well-known ways.
Irrespective of what actually happened, who wins?

Uber and the other vendors have likely thought this through very well indeed.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon