[SystemSafety] Autonomously Driven Car Kills Pedestrian

Dick dick at ntcom.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 12:36:34 CET 2018

Yesterday there were over 100 people killed in traffic accidents in the US

This is the only one to receive ore than local coverage-  if that

As for Michael's comment there are a lot of "experts" providing renta-quotes.

But the local police chief says something that aligns with Andrew

The San Francisco Chronicle late on Monday reported that Tempe Police Chief Sylvia Moir said that from viewing videos taken from the vehicle "it's very clear it would have been difficult to avoid this collision in any kind of mode (autonomous or human-driven) based on how she came from the shadows right into the roadway."

Moir told the Chronicle, "I suspect preliminarily it appears that the Uber would likely not be at fault in this accident," but she did not rule out that charges could be filed against the operator in the Uber vehicle, the paper reported.