[SystemSafety] Autonomously Driven Car Kills Pedestrian

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Fri Mar 23 08:59:50 CET 2018

On 2018-03-22 23:05 , Matthew Squair wrote:
> After seeing the internal footage, it’s pretty obvious the safety driver was distracted, an outcome
> of that Martyn Thomas predicted in his CAV lecture.
Such weaknesses of so-called "human supervisory control" have been known for over four decades
through the work in particular of and around Thomas Sheridan, who is almost ninety years old.

I wonder why it is that people who wish to try out safety-critical experiments in public, as well as
their regulators, are not required to know and accommodate the engineering-scientific foundations of
their task.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon