[SystemSafety] Archive temporarily unreachable

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Sat May 12 09:45:45 CEST 2018

Apparently last Thursday at about 2200 MEST (UTC+2) the Bielefeld University air conditioning system
failed. For some reason, this was not generally announced. RVS people discovered when they came in
Friday that the RVS lab, an internal room dependent on air conditioning, was unreasonably warm. We
shut off the servers in the room (the servers would probably have been OK but we weren't sure about
the RAID).