[SystemSafety] Collected stopgap measures

Andy Ashworth andy at the-ashworths.org
Fri Nov 2 13:46:07 CET 2018

I think part of the problem is that we focus on specific engineering disciplines and neglect system integration. Safety is a system property, but we educate at a sub-system/component level. We can teach the need for risk assessment but we are not teaching it in the context in which it needs to be applied.

We need improvements in how we introduce system engineering and the need for engineering rigour to be applied at this level as well as at the detailed engineering stages too.

Best regards

Andy

Sent from my iPhone