[SystemSafety] Critical systems Linux

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 22:36:06 CET 2018

On 2018-11-20 21:26, Chuck_Petras at selinc.com wrote:
>> I must have missed something. Are we talking here about certifying a
>> piece of software with no reference to its operational context and
>> safety requirements?
>
> Pretty much.

I may be missing something too, but as i understand it there are
established examples of software (e.g. microkernels) being
'pre-certified' for safety (I think the expression used is "safety
element out of context") without reference to a specific context and
safety requirements.

It seems that vendors of products which have acquired this kind of
blessing/paperwork are then in a position to then suggest to customers
that they need pre-blessed software to achieve safety.