[SystemSafety] Comparison of Confidential vs Non-Confidential Reporting Systems

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 10:34:12 CEST 2018

Last year, Harold Thimbleby and I wrote a lecture and a paper about the
rate of avoidable serious adverse medical events and the contribution to
these from badly designed computer-based medical systems in the US and
UK. Many fatalities and life changing injuries are blamed on clinical
staff, with little attention being given to the faults in the design of
the medical equipment and systems they have been required to use.

The lecture is here:
https://www.gresham.ac.uk/lectures-and-events/computer-bugs-in-hospitals-a-new-killer
and an accompanying paper with more details and all the references is
here:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/content.gresham.ac.uk/data/binary/2642/2018-02-06_MartynThomasHaroldThimbleby_ComputerBugs.pdf

Martyn