[SystemSafety] A small taste of what we're up against

Martyn Thomas martyn at thomas-associates.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 14:00:39 CEST 2018

Yes, people make mistakes and inspections and testing find too few of
them. That's why you need languages with semantics for which tools can
be written that detect many such mistakes.

For example, if your tools can tell you "this program can generate a
value for that array index that will be out of bounds", you have the
opportunity to eliminate the error before it kills someone.

Martyn