[SystemSafety] New paper on MISRA C

Paul Sherwood paul.sherwood at codethink.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 13:34:00 CEST 2018

Hi folks,
I'm new here, but somewhat confused.

The group is "SystemSafety", which I take to mean that this community
understands that safety is a property of a system, not component level.

As I understand it MIT and others have successfully debunked the notion
that system safety is correlated with component reliability.

So a simple question, and sorry for being blunt...

Why is MISRA C still considered relevant to system safety in 2018?

br
Paul