[SystemSafety] Wrangling the flying lawnmower

Les Chambers les at chambers.com.au
Tue Sep 25 01:06:13 CEST 2018

Hi All

This is a heads up for a radio program that I believe should be required
listening for all systems engineers. It features Richard De Crespigny, the
pilot of QF 32, an Airbus A380 that suffered an engine explosion out of
Singapore's Changi airport in 2010.

Google:

QF32 ABC health report , What the healthcare industry can learn from
aviation

Link:

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/healthreport/what-the-healthcar
e-industry-can-learn-from-aviation/10265132

De Crespigny's book QF32 is also required reading. Every page after page 155
is panic attack material. In my estimation this man's coolness under
pressure rates with Neil Armstrong's landing on the moon.

Cheers

Les

Les Chambers
Director