[SystemSafety] List Issues

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at rvs.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Sep 25 09:19:43 CEST 2018

Folks,

we have had quite a few problems with Olwen Morgan's mails, because they come from btinternet.com
and apparently do not satisfy the DMARC policies of many mail-service providers (companies and
organisations).

Last week, one mail from Olwen generated more than 90 bounces. Other of Olwen's mails generate 1.
This morning, there were some 30+ "subscription disabled" notices from the Mailman list server. But
I checked the admin interface and the addresses don't appear to be disabled.

So I am sending this mail, and will ask the "disabled" mail recipients individually if they received
it.

Meanwhile, I have asked Olwen to attempt to resolve the issues with btinternet. The easiest might
well be for Olwen to use another provider for mails to this list.

This is not the first time we have had problems concerning btinternet. A couple years ago, just
after Mike Parsons took over the SCSC tasks, for a long time the btinternet domain was rejecting all
mails from the Uni Bielefeld domain, as well as from causalis's service provider, and we couldn't
get them to accept such mails. So I had no email path to Mike or to three or four other colleagues.
That went on from 2016 into 2017.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon