[SystemSafety] GPS jamming

Dewi Daniels dewi.daniels at software-safety.com
Fri Jul 12 11:25:27 CEST 2019

I'm puzzled. I thought the whole point of WAAS (and EGNOS) was that the
pilot would be alerted if the GPS calculated position is inaccurate. See
section 1.7.2 of
https://www.gps.gov/technical/ps/2008-WAAS-performance-standard.pdf . Why
was the pilot not alerted in this instance? Was he not using a WAAS
receiver? If not, why was he relying on a vanilla GPS receiver for
navigation?

Yours,

Dewi Daniels | Director | Software Safety Limited

Telephone +44 7968 837742 | Email d <ddaniels at verocel.com>
ewi.daniels at software-safety.com

Software Safety Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company number: 9390590. Registered office: Fairfield, 30F Bratton Road,
West Ashton, Trowbridge, United Kingdom BA14 6AZ