[SystemSafety] B737M MCAS

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Tue Mar 19 17:13:46 CET 2019

North American engineering does not understand Ockham's Razor.

The Shuttle killed 14 astronauts. Soyuz has killed 4 cosmonauts.

You can even hear informed opinion saying that the F35 would come off
worse against a modernised MiG 21 flown by a good pilot.

I'll believe that North American (or more particularly American) systems
engineering is improving only when I see technical documentation written
in clear and precise English that isn't three times as long as it need
be. And if any quasi-literate American contributor to programming
language standards thinks that cap fits them, they're absolutely correct.

selective regards,

Olwen