[SystemSafety] A Safety Issue, but not Tech - Drowning

Les Chambers Les at chambers.com.au
Tue May 14 12:53:31 CEST 2019

 Many of the drownings in Australia are Asian tourists who can’t swim but dive into our surf
regardless.  They often get caught in rips , strong currents which drag them out to sea. A rip
looks Deceptively calm. It usually only drags you out 200 m or so but if you’re not a strong
swimmer and you panic it can be all over in minutes.  I often thought it would be a good idea for
all airlines entering Australia to show a welcome video. “Welcome to Australia. This is what a rip
looks like. Avoid them.“
Les

--
Les Chambers