[SystemSafety] FW: Survey Invitation- Chalmers, Sweden

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Sat May 18 01:09:10 CEST 2019

Steve,

Thanks for the link.

I am ignoring this profs request and would recommend others
do the same.  Why?

He does not make copies of his tax payer funded research papers
available.  Ok, its Swedish tax payers.  But why is tax payer
funded research hidden behind a paywall?  The way to effect
change is not award such people grants, and for those somewhat
removed from this process (e.g., me) can simply ignore the work:
https://research.chalmers.se/en/person/chaudron

I also tend to be somewhat anti-surveys done by academics.
Many have now discovered that surveys are an easy way to get
papers published, and papers based on surveys need to be treated
with great caution.  Since no papers are freely available I
cannot form an opinion of this researcher.