[SystemSafety] C for OSs

Grazebrook, Alvery AN alvery.grazebrook at airbus.com
Mon Oct 14 10:36:17 CEST 2019

I do feel there is a certain amount of wilful misinterpretation going on here. The agile manifesto has its place. Its place is where the application is non-critical and human-focussed. The classic problem here is that the users have expressed some need, but not all the other relationships and business processes connected to that need. The project is going through a discovery process, by implementing a partial solution the team (developers and customers) the developers and customers together discover ways to improve the process through the use of computer automation. The intermediate deliverables help to identify the unexplored relationships that exist in the process. If you are trying to chase something had to define like “a good customer experience”, this approach can be valuable

Even for safety-related equipment control applications, this kind of process has some potential during the R&T stages. Clearly, when working towards the final product, a good deal more discipline is required.

Regards,
            Alvery

** Opinions expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer. **