[SystemSafety] C for OSs

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Mon Sep 16 09:20:29 CEST 2019

On 2019-09-16 09:05 , Gergely Buday wrote:
> "The problem is the industry was flooded with a huge number of self-taught programmers."
>
> What book should we base the teaching of software engineers? Where is the holy grail of true
> software engineering?
Good question, but not the same thing. People I respect (including myself :-) ) estimate the
proportion of programming in SE to be around 10%.

For programming, John Barnes's SPARK book is a good start. For SE in general, the Tokeneer archive
is very helpful. For Requirements Engineering, Michael Jackson's Problem Frames is as good as it
gets. For an application to safety engineering, check out
http://people.csail.mit.edu/dnj/talks/veldhoven10/comments-on-leveson-interlock-example.pdf

Then there's SWEBOK............

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
MoreInCommon