[SystemSafety] [EXTERNAL] The Carmont/Stonehaven rail accident

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Tue Aug 18 09:37:53 CEST 2020

John,

On 2020-08-17 20:32 , Ewing, John wrote:
> My understanding is that the driving locomotive lies in the badly burnt area between coach E and the north end of the bridge. .......it can be discerned in one photograph on the RAIB website.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/passenger-train-derailment-near-carmont-aberdeenshire

Many thanks! The accompanying description also clears up a lot of the vagueness in the news reports
as to what happened. A detailed description of the run of events leading up to derailment, as well
as of the dynamics which led to the positions of the cars and locomotives.

I should have looked there. I wasn't expecting so much detail to be available two days after. In
aviation, it takes 30 days (per ICAO agreement).

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
Styelfy Bleibgsnd