[SystemSafety] "FAA chief '100% confident' of 737 MAX safety as flights to resume"

Dewi Daniels dewi.daniels at software-safety.com
Thu Dec 3 15:55:14 CET 2020

Olwen,

Given that inability of the elevator to raise the nose or prevent it going
down is the most important symptom of the stall, I fail to see what
relevance reduced elevator authority at or near the stall has to the 737
MAX accidents. The 737 MAX accidents happened because MCAS applied full
nose-down trim, resulting in the aircraft diving and accelerating until the
control forces were so high that the pilots were unable to recover level
flight.

Yours,

Dewi Daniels | Director | Software Safety Limited

Telephone +44 7968 837742 | Email d <ddaniels at verocel.com>
ewi.daniels at software-safety.com

Software Safety Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Company number: 9390590. Registered office: Fairfield, 30F Bratton Road,
West Ashton, Trowbridge, United Kingdom BA14 6AZ