[SystemSafety] "Ripple20 vulnerabilities will haunt the IoT landscape for years to come"

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Wed Jul 1 17:08:32 CEST 2020

Of course, another response to Steve Tockey's last email is to quote a
famous paper by De Millo, Lipton and Perlis*:

"Tester: You're program has a bug.

Programmer: Impossible. I proved it correct and here is my proof.

Tester: Here are my test results."

In science, the results of properly controlled experiments trump any
theory that they contradict.

Olwen

* De Millo, R. A., Lipton, R. J. and Perlis, A. J., Social Processes and
Proofs of Theorems and Programs, CACM, May 1979, Vll 22, No. 5.