[SystemSafety] Misunderstanding of the nature of mathematics

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Wed Jul 1 18:25:52 CEST 2020

Apropos of what, if things go wrong here, could end up somewhat akin to
a pub brawl with PBL, I'd like to offer the following quotation from the
late and profoundly missed Academician Vladimir Igorevich Arnold:

"Mathematics is a part of physics. Physics is an experimental science, a
part of natural science. Mathematics is the part of physics where
experiments are cheap."

You can believe what Peter is suggesting about CbyC if and only if you
*disagree* with the proposition that mathematics is an empirical science.

Sorry, Peter, but if I have a choice between believing you and believing
Arnold, I'm afraid Arnold wins.

Olwen