[SystemSafety] The ethics of dealing with mistakes

Les Chambers Les at chambers.com.au
Thu Jul 2 00:27:23 CEST 2020

The design of the building is irrelevant to the deeper meaning of this story. My
takeaway is the following:
When you realise after the fact that you’ve made a mistake That could have
catastrophic consequences – in this case hundreds of crushed lifeless bodies –
your best course of action is to fess up and offer a solution even if it could
destroy your career in the profession that you love . Do it because there are
worse things than a destroyed career. There are the voices in your head
blaming you for the tragedy for the rest of your life.