[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed May 6 14:02:13 CEST 2020

All,

Governments are making Coronavirus decisions based on the predictions
of models.

Model predictions depend on the accuracy of the model and the accuracy
of the code implementing the model.

Some comments on the original, broad brush model:
http://shape-of-code.coding-guidelines.com/2020/04/05/comments-on-the-covid-19-model-source-code-from-imperial/

Now we have a detailed model, which I suspect is very new:
https://github.com/mrc-ide/covid-sim

I have not had much luck in drumming up reviewers for the earlier
models.

Please reach out to people with the expertise to review this new code.

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering