[SystemSafety] Accuracy of COVID modeling code

Robert P. Schaefer rps at mit.edu
Wed May 6 19:27:53 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Having decades of programming in both the research and commercial fields, I would suggest entering some variation
of: strong typing, strongly typed, or enforced typing into the IEEE and ACM databases, for evidence.

Most commercial languages to not enforce typiing strongly because, I believe, you can get a bad program that
compiles and runs into production quicker than taking the time to test a program into correctness.

Non-strongly typed languages avoid type enforcement tests that would, in consequence, take time to fix when compared to
strongly typed languages. I blame capitalism.

bob schaefer
research engineer
mit haystack observatory