[SystemSafety] "FAA chief '100% confident' of 737 MAX safety as flights to resume"

Olwen Morgan olwen at phaedsys.com
Mon Nov 30 18:08:07 CET 2020

> <snip>
>
> If you are talking about the Boeing 737 MAX, that airframe is not
> unstable (as far as we know), as I have pointed out numerous times.

If the 737 MAX is not unstable at certain speeds and AoAs, then why does
it need MCAS?

PBL note that I'm not being deliberately obtuse here.

I am merely seeking to establish clarity as to what kinds of stability
definitions apply to the atmosphere/airframe/pilot/flight-controls
system as a whole.

Olwen