[SystemSafety] What do we know about software reliability?

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 17:28:14 CEST 2020

Martyn,

> I wasn't questioning the headlines. Why did you write /I don’t have much
> of a feel for how widely used it is in industry, but it is a very useful
> tool for reliability researchers /if fuzzing doesn't create data that
> can be used to estimate reliability?

Yes, I am guilty of sloppy use of terminology: "reliability researchers"

Is "researchers with an interest in reliability" sufficiently vague?
The cynic in me prefers "researchers claiming to have an interest in reliability",
since so many of them are only really interested in getting papers
published.

--
Derek M. Jones           Evidence-based software engineering