[SystemSafety] Miss vs Ms

Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at causalis.com
Thu Apr 8 16:55:20 CEST 2021

On 2021-04-08 15:41 , Gareth Lock wrote:
> Hugues,
>
> The issue I can see would be when you have a smaller aircraft and therefore the impact of mass would
> be greater.

> *From: *systemsafety <systemsafety-bounces at lists.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> on behalf of
> <hugues.bonnin at free.fr>
>
> IMHO, I don't see how this difference could lead to serious problems,

2.2% of the ZFW. Sure that can lead to problems, such as calculating TO thrust and balanced field
length.

A weight mismatch can also lead to balance problems, depending on the seating algorithm used by the
airline, but in a 187-passenger aircraft I would expect not.

PBL

Prof. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany
ClaireTheWhiteRabbit RIP