[SystemSafety] A realistic view of formal verification

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 17:03:08 CET 2022

Martyn,

> Which researchers disagree with the statement you quote?

While researchers might agree with this in private,
a surprising number are loath to say this in public.

Longstanding members of this list will remember
discussion threads with people being unwilling to acknowledge
that claims of correctness are wishful thinking that
ignores problems uncovered in the real world.