[SystemSafety] An open source vehicle

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Tue May 10 22:43:06 CEST 2022

Stefano,

> How are the two parts of your (interesting as usual) post related?

You're right, there appear to be two threads.

I was going to post about the talk I went to, but then
forgot.  The later paper reminded me.

They are related in that (apart from being about electric cars)
they both relate to electric car software being written and
tested by an individual.

There is lots of talk on this email list about software
processes and the issues of certification. There is an
assumption that this kind of software will only be
produced by big companies, or perhaps I am misreading
things.

The idiots on electric bikes in London I can just about handle.
People driving self built electric vehicles is a whole new
ballgame.

> Can converting company using openpodcar as a starting point?

Big expensive cars get converted, or classic cars with
engine issues.