[SystemSafety] Interview on Infrastructure Cybersecurity in our "Interesting Times"

Prof. Dr. Peter Bernard Ladkin ladkin at techfak.de
Thu Nov 17 22:30:11 CET 2022

The Publicity Office at Bielefeld University publishes interviews on current issues with associated
academics on its web site. They are publishing a series of observations on the war in Ukraine, and
asked me for my observations on the cybersecurity threat, or lack of it.

The interview was conducted by the Berlin journalist and author Ludmilla Ostermann. English version at

https://aktuell.uni-bielefeld.de/2022/11/14/the-hollywood-image-of-hackers-is-misleading/?lang=en

It was published a couple of weeks ago in German. A couple of hours after getting the URL for the
English version, a general warning was published in Germany that  mobile phone networks were falling
over, and in some jurisdictions the emergency-services numbers were not working.......

PBL

Prof. i.R. Dr. Peter Bernard Ladkin, Bielefeld, Germany