[SystemSafety] Risk .... again

M Mencke menckem at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 00:02:50 CEST 2022

Hi Peter,

Thank you for this. It is at least an attempt, but I think a bigger
challenge might be getting a uniform concept incorporated into the many,
many different standards from different industries.

As for Les' story, I get the point. The scenarios you describe are on the
one hand extremely simple, and on the other, several complex factors crash
into each other all at once.

Women have a lower muscle mass? Not necessarily, but in general, yes. So I
would have to agree, even though it is perfectly possible for us to modify
most risk factors to some degree, by training to get a higher muscle mass,
or doing a little boxing. Then you get the factor that some (or a lot) of
people are not willing to take their destiny into their own hands, at least
as much as they can. Anybody who drinks themselves into oblivion is at
higher risk of negative consequences, short term or long term. That is not
unique to women. You could offer lessons, but the question is, do people
actually want them? It might (hopefully) get some thinking, at least.

As for me, I'm mysteriously receiving emails from this list again after
quite a long silence, was something fixed? I was off the "scene" for a
while. Coincidentally, I had two daughters. Now I'm finally back full time,
shaping grammar rules for the NLU and NLG of a voice assistant. There are
interesting safety topics around this as well, but it's supposedly not my
area now, so I don't know if there will be a lot of listening if I mention
something safety related.

Thanks for these emails. This is one of the few lists where the emails I
receive are generally very articulate and well thought out.

I'll be back.

Myriam Mencke.