[SystemSafety] Ross Anderson on Consequences of Surveillance

Mike Ellims michael.ellims at tesco.net
Mon Jun 24 11:40:44 CEST 2013

Good morning,

I'm pretty sure that Ross wouldn't agree with that idea. For starters the
records themselves possibly have information on relationships and locations,
dates and times. Given that; it probably isn't the most difficult job to
work backwards to an ID, especially if you have other sources of information
at your disposal e.g. cross matching patent data (e.g. appointment date and
time) with location data in phone records.

The following is an interesting read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/21/nsa-surveillance-metadata-c
ontent-obama

Cheers.