[SystemSafety] Language issues, control systems

nfr felix.redmill at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 18:09:37 CEST 2015

On 27 Apr 2015, at 16:29, M Mencke <menckem at gmail.com<mailto:menckem at gmail.com>> wrote:

Also I think for most systems the initial product is usually developed for operator use in a single language,

Alas, in almost all of my experiences of this in the last several years, the initial product - that is the documentation product developed for operator use - has not been written by a person capable of writing good English.
Fortunately, however, the text is seldom likely to be misunderstood, being is so bad that it is far more likely not to be understood to mean anything at all.

If people with the same language capability wrote in two languages, well ...

subsequent to which a company may expand to international markets. If it has a long history of use its country of origin, I think it could reasonably be assumed that the issues of analysing meaning and ambiguities in the source language have already been dealt with, although I admit that this may not always be the case. Regards, Myriam.