[SystemSafety] Software Safety Assessment

Andreoli, Kevin (UK) kevin.andreoli at baesystems.com
Wed Jul 8 15:06:08 CEST 2015

My modified answers:

1.       No - you would have to question any attempt to use an obsolete standard on new product. (Whatever the product is.  Would you access a new car on the standards applicable in 2005?)

2.       Not necessarily, but a re-assessment should surely be done if it is known that the previous assessment may be inadequate.  In long-lived products which have safety considerations I would expect a periodic re-assessment anyway.

3.       No - if the checklist is known to be inadequate it would not be defensible to use it.

Kevin